Personal Video Habits

When I started going to Southern Arkansas University, I was originally enrolled as a digital cinema major. This was because of my longstanding love for moving pictures, and my longing to create them. So naturally, as a "film" student, my personal video habits are very diverse. Depending on my mood or what I am doing at that current time determines what I watch or play. I use streaming services, I have a large collection of Blu-Rays, DVDs, and even VHS tapes. In a perfect world, I would have my own collection of 35 mm film reels as well. I also play video games on a PlayStation 4, occasionally my old PlayStation 3, and an old Nintendo 64.

If I am working on my desktop. I usually have my television playing a television show or movie from either Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. On Netflix I am usually watching what Tarantino movie they have the rights to (currently Jackie Brown, Inglorious Basterds, and The Hateful Eight) or something I've seen a million times, just so I don't get distracted from whatever I'm doing on the computer. 



On Hulu I usually watch a show like South Park or Rick and Morty. More adult animation shows. Although, Hulu recently added shows from my childhood like Tiny Toon Adventures and Pinky and the Brain. Amazon Prime is where I go to find more obscure movies or older movies. Currenlty I have been watching old Shaw Brothers kung-fu movies, such as, Clan of the White Lotus or The 36th Chamber of the Shaolin. Amazon Prime is also where I discovered the movie that would become my favorite movie of all time. Apocalypse Now. 




If I'm not using one of my streaming services. I am watching one of the many movies from my extensive collection of  Blu-Rays and DvDs. I also have a 500GB external hard drive that has many different movies and television shows. 

If I'm watching something from my collection, I'm probably actually sitting down to watch it, instead of using it as background noise. That is especially the case when I decide to watch a movie from my VHS collection. If I'm watching a VHS, I'm really into the film buff mind frame and enjoy the artistic quality that VHS brought to home media. 



From my main TV, I have access to all of these streaming apps, and even YouTube.
On YouTube I will watch channels about retro gaming. Such as, DidYouKnowGaming?, The Gaming Historian, and The Angry Video Game Nerd.  


If I am not watching anything. I am playing on my PlayStation 4. I don't have much time currently to play heavily, but I am currently playing South Park: The Fractured But Whole, and Wolfenstien II. Recently, I learned how to use the remote play function to play PlayStation 4 games on my desktop computer. I absolutely love this feature because I can pla my games on my computer while my fiance can watch something on the big TV. I also will pull out my old Nintendo 64 on occasion and play Goldeneye or South Park. Both are shooter games from a first person perspective. Also, I play classic Super Nintendo games through an emulator on my computer. Using a classic Super Nintendo controller with a USB end to plug into the computer.





As you can tell, video is a huge part of my life. I normally cannot work on an assignment without having some sort of movie or TV show playing in the background. Even when I am not studying, I am watching something, or discovering a new movie. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surveillance and Law Enforcement

Classmate Blog Critique